When people view any building, the impression they have depends on the site and the combination of landscape and building materials. Think of the most beautiful homes you have seen. Whether they are cottages or mansions, your feeling about the home has a great deal to do with how it relates to the site, and how the site has been shaped and landscaped. Architects and landscape architects alike know this, and spend a great deal of design time making sure the home is sited correctly, and that the landscape and exterior hardscape enhances the design.
We will work with you to create a landscape and outdoor hardscape that adds to your property value, and enhances your life. We will find out how you plan to use outdoor areas, and look at the proximity to your indoor spaces. If you like to cook out of doors, we can construct an outdoor kitchen and eating space that is close to your indoor cooking area for convenience. If you want an outdoor fireplace or fire pit, we can site that near common spaces in your home so that family and guests can circulate between indoor and outdoor recreation spaces.
We handle all types of landscape installation projects and renovations such as:
- Grading and reshaping
- Bobcat work
- Retaining walls
- Water features
- Garden paths
- Flagstone fire pits and outdoor fireplaces
- Outdoor kitchens and cooking areas
- Stormwater management; including swales, French drains, culverts, and retention areas
- Irrigation systems
- Gravel and stonework
- Tree, shrub, and other plant material installation
- Lawn installation, including seeding and laying sod
- Water features
Here are some things to consider:
- Outdoor fire pits or outdoor fireplaces can make your special outdoor spaces usable throughout the year, even in winter. They make gatherings with friends special, and help create memories when you enjoy them with your family.
- Outdoor lighting is another way to expand the time you can spend outdoors. Besides adding drama to your home’s exterior, and to the plant materials that you highlight, outdoor lighting also adds safety.
- Outdoor cooking areas that include some counter space are much more functional than just grills and outdoor ovens. Adding counter space, along with storage to outdoor cooking areas give you prep and serving spaces and mean that you will use your outdoor spaces more with guests and with family. Let us help you turn your outdoor grill into a true outdoor kitchen.
- Water features, however large or small, make outdoor spaces more inviting. The sound of water, even in a very small fountain, is soothing. Water features can also make outdoor spaces feel cooler in summer.
- Hardscape areas such as stone patios provide spaces for eating, relaxing and outdoor furniture. We like to plant evergreen windbreaks for winter, and deciduous shade trees for summer in strategic locations, to make your patios usable for much more of the year.
- Retaining walls can be used to stabilize slopes and reduce erosion. We also use them to create some flat areas where none existed. We do bobcat work, so we can cut and fill on a slope to make a play area, a guest parking spot, a dining patio, or any other outdoor space that requires a flatter area. We can also build retaining walls that provide informal seating.
- A variety of plants that keep color and fragrance in your garden at different times during the year extend your pleasure in your outdoor spaces. Pines, spruces, cedars and hollies keep your garden colorful even in winter. Early spring bloomers include quince, camellias, and deciduous magnolias. Talk with us about plants for various seasons.
- Garden paths and walkways can be as simple as some stepping stones or much more elaborate. Paths through your yard protect planted areas, reduce muddy shoes, protect grass from damage, and add beauty.
- Flower beds for annuals are a great way to add color. We will not only build the beds, we will select annuals appropriate to the amount of sun and shade, your color preferences, and will plant and replant them as the seasons change.